Terms & Conditions
By ordering any of our goods (Goods), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. We operate a second hand furniture sales business. We are Hotel Luxury Furniture Ltd (Company number 08017503) whose registered address is Spring Hall Farm, Barton Road, Haslingfield, Cambridge CB23 1LW. Our VAT No. is 132 1294 50.
2. By placing an order, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and you are at least 18 years old, you are resident in the United Kingdom.
3. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Good. We will only accept the offer when we send you an e-mail that confirms that the Good has been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation), this is the point when the contract between us (Contract) is formed.
4. If you are contracting as a consumer and you place your order without first visiting us, you may cancel a Contract at any time within seven working days, beginning on the day after ou received the Goods. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Goods but not any delivery charges. To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing. You must also return the Goods to us as soon as reasonably practicable, and at your own cost. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Goods while they are in your possession, failing which we may take action against you for compensation.
5. Your order will be fulfilled within a reasonable time of the date of the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
6. The Goods will be your responsibility from the time of delivery. Ownership of the Goods will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Goods, including delivery charges.
7. The price of the Goods and our delivery charges will be as quoted at the time of your order, except in cases of obvious error. Good prices are exclusive of VAT.
8. We only accept payment for all Goods by debit/credit cards or via bank transfer. Our bank details for a bank transfer will be provided on our invoice. We will not accept your payment until we dispatch your order.
9. All our Goods are second hand and the history of the Goods is unknown.
10. No warranties are given beyond your rights under law. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or trading standards office.
11. If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable to you for the purchase price of the Goods. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not be liable for losses that result from loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time. Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits our liability for any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
12. If you order Goods for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination, payment for which is your responsibility. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
13. You consent to receive communications from us via email and acknowledge that this constitutes a written communication.
14. All notices given by you to us must be sent to Spring Hall Farm, Barton Road, Haslingfield, Cambridge CB23 1LW or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 01223 872600. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order. Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, three days after the date of posting of any letter, or 24 hours after receiving a fax confirmation. The following are sufficient proof of service: letter – that it was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post; email – that it was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee; fax – that the fax confirmation confirms the correct fax number.
15. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
16. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
17. No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
18. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
19. These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous agreements.
20. We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us relies on any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these terms and conditions or the documents referred to in them.
21. The subject matter of these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
22. A person who is not party to these terms and conditions or a Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.